Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alpha Boards and Schematics

Got two alpha level boards ready for batchpcb. Attached are the eagle files, gerbers, and schematics.

This is the arduino sheild. Single wire, MCP2515 based. Again, I have no idea if the boards are good yet, just have to wait for the fab shop to get them back to me. This one is iPod centric and has 3.3V RS232 out and 12V for charging the ipod. I will do more of a pure single wire CAN board later if this works.

*** LINK REMOVED *** - FOUND A BUG IN V0.1

This is the ELM327 scanner I was using to hack all the CAN messages. Meant to hook up to a FTDI TTL to RS232 converter on the 6 pin header.
ELM327 Scanner Board

****************
WARNING
****************

These are alpha boards and may (will probably) have bugs. USE the boards at your own risk or let me debug them first ;)

4 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks a lot this is a good starting point. By the way, the messages you reported on the previous post, are they relative to 29bit can?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thank you for posting the schematics. This is a great start for my carputer project.

    One question though, where did you get the ELM327 chip? Digikey doesn't seem to stock it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -MA-, Yep.. The ArbIDs are 29bit. The content will be the same for both 11 and 29bit Arbitration IDs. I saw a few 11 bit arbIDs while logging but they were not of interest for my application.

    sberkey, I ordered the ELM327 from ELM: http://www.elmelectronics.com/

    Boards have been placed onto a panel. The waiting game begins. I will probably make the designs available for purchase on batchPCB once I have tested them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Im eager to see results!

    ReplyDelete