Sunday, March 7, 2010

Success!

Finally have the hardware and software together... And I can report a successful test of the ipod adapter!

Other then small bug fixes and a multi CAN packet display driver, everything is working as expected. I hope to finish the hardware this week and get the Tyco connectors so I can wire the thing into the factory nav connector behind the glove box.

I will also post video soon. And Source. And schematics. (When I get time!)

Any interest in getting a single wire CAN arduino shield fabbed up? I will probably get one done with batch PC. Would be willing to get a couple more for anybody interested.

3 comments:

  1. That's great to hear. Good work man. I can't wait to see the source code and schematics for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be interested. So you're working on an Arduino which would speak SWCAN then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad, yes, the posted shield will be single wire can. The AU5790 is capable of 33.3kbps and supports a higher speed rate. My alpha board will not support higher speed rates, the control lines are tied to Vcc and not brought out to the arduino.

    ReplyDelete